Mike has played Fantasy Football with his family for awhile now. Last year he did not, because he had moved from Illinois to the south. He was also busy with work.
This year someone dropped out of the league, so his brother repeatedly asked Mike to join. Mike kept saying no due to the distance and he is still really busy with the move.
Now I know that until the move to SC, Mike had lived near (within a few hours) of his family for his entire life. He had been doing this with his brother until he moved. I wanted to encourage Mike to do what he could with his family. This would force him to interact with his brother fairly often, thus helping their relationship since Mike can't see his brother as often as he used to. I kept telling Mike to do the league.
His brother gave one final call to Mike. I told Mike if he did it, I would help him. We would do it together.
Mike agreed.
Now I know nothing about professional football. So this requires me learning it. But, it gives Mike something to do besides work and his hobby of me LOL. I wanted Mike to have something....
So I will be busy this week trying to figure out who the players are because the "draft" is this Friday night. I guess Mike and I are going to join via phone. Should be interesting ;)
As for Bunco....I have never played that either. I had heard it was a lot of fun and always meant to look into it while in Columbia. Didn't get around to it.
So I move here and stumble upon Huntersville moms that play Bunco once a month. So I am going tonight. I have never played, really have no clue....but they have assured me it is easy and I will be fine.
I have not met any of these women yet. It gets a little tricky. We are supposed to bring an appetizer and a drink to share. Appetizer, no problem. I will throw something together.
The drink is a problem though. I have ran into this before LOL. What do you take? I have never met these people. Is it a Sprite sort of drink or vodka sort? Take sprite and they meant booze....I look like a chump. Take the booze and they all have vodka....I look like a friggin lush!
Oh what to do LOL.
I have 7 hours to figure it out. I will let you all know how it works out.
I will either be known as "that lush of a homeschooling mom" or "boring no drinking homeschool mom." Which is worse?
You all know me....boring isn't in my vocabulary LOL.
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message and tell me what you think =) Don't forget to sign your name so I know who you are!