Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Move

We had gotten everything organized and were told the movers would be here at 8am. We weren't sure what to expect, but right before 8 we got the call that they were here.

A guy gets out of the moving truck and is limping. I kind of look at Mike with the "WTF?" look. This guy is moving us?

The next guy gets out. He tells us he has a blood clot in his leg that is healing.

The next guy is just older than dirt.

So we have oldie, clottie and the gimp.

Geez.....this will take til next Thursday to move!

So the guys go in, look around.....and clottie (who I realized is the ringleader here) asks Mike what kind of big wig he is. Big wig? Um....we are both divorced, we barely own anything. I wasn't too sure how he got that analysis from our apartment. The guy then tells us that the company had told him many times that Mike was a VP for his job.

Ah, some kind of work thing. I didn't really see what that mattered.

Regardless, Mike says, "Well yeah I am, but that is work. It's no big deal."

The guy tells us about some of the other crappy VP's he has met, and how they are snobby basically, but Mike is cool and down to earth (one of the many reasons I love him.)

The guy then tells us that he is one of the top moving guys in the country. He is only used for big wigs.

What????

He explains that he has moved Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Carrol Campbell, Janet Jackson, the Baltimore Colts (when they went to Indianapolis move...I guess this was a big thing when it happened.) In other words, this guy tells us that we are in good hands. I didn't see why we got such great treatment til Mike explained to me LOL. With him being in Human Resources, his department oversees a lot of relocations. That company wants to make a good impression so Mike will get the company to keep using them. Ah.....makes good sense. Whatever...all we care about is getting our stuff there in good condition!

So Mike and I sit around for a few minutes and wonder what we should do. So we ask clottie.....
"Anything we can do?"

"Yeah. You can go out and get me some coffee."

Now, I have to explain the tone. He was a nice as he can be. A funny guy. Super nice.

Frankly, we were thrilled to just have something to do. I think he may have just wanted us out of their hair!

He told us that we were free to run errands, so whatever we needed....to not worry, they will take care of everything. Furthermore.....

"Do you want your stuff delivered tonight?"

We said that would be fine, but it was not necessary. We know this is a big job.

The guy said, "If you tell me you want it all done today, we will have you completely moved today!"

Mike and I looked at each other....
The guy said, "Tell me to get it done today."

So Mike meekly says, "Ok, I want it done today."

"No problem! We will have you moved into your new apartment by tonight."

So we leave to get the coffee. Still wondering if the guy is smoking something as we are not sure they can do all of this today.

We get back with the coffee.....

Geez...those guys are champs. That apartment is torn apart, boxes everywhere.

I guess they know what they are doing and I no longer doubt. We will have our stuff in our new apartment tonight.

That my friends is how to move lol.

I will keep you all updated. I am sure there will be more to the story =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message and tell me what you think =) Don't forget to sign your name so I know who you are!