Since I homeschool the kids, it is tougher for them to meet other kids. They both LOVE basketball, so I figured if I could find a basketball league for them it would make this move easier.
Well I found one today. They have to show up for a skills assessment this weekend. Practice is one time a week with games on Saturday's. Perfect. I think they would enjoy it.
So I was quite pleased with this until I remembered....uhuh. They are supposed to be in Columbia with their dad every other Saturday. No way can they sign up and miss every other game.
I figured their dad, who really was never an active father and doesn't do a lot with them, will work with me on this for the couple of months of basketball season.
So I call him.
He bitched at me. "I WILL be seeing my kids on my weekends."
"I know that and I am not trying to take them from you. But you know the kids love sports. They would enjoy this."
"There is NO way I am driving up to Charlotte for this every time on my weekends."
"I didn't say you had to. Maybe we can work it out, some weeks I will just drive them to you. Maybe some weeks you would want to see your kids play and you can come. Other weeks, we can meet in the middle."
(Let me point out...I hate the meeting option. He is always late. Jerks us around with the time, place, etc. So we try to avoid that. As of now, the plan is for me to drive the kids all the way to Columbia on his Friday's during the day and he brings them all the way to my place Sunday nights.)
He then had the nerve to tell me he doesn't like this because it is such an inconvenience to him.
"This is NOT about you. It is about the boys. You know as well as I do that they will want to do this. I love the kids but I also value my weekends off especially since I am with them all the time homeschooling. However, I will sacrifice because this is best for them."
"I don't like it. Find out what time the games will be and I will decide."
"You don't find out the times of the games til they sign up and are assigned a team."
"Well, I will think about it. I will call you later tonight to discuss it."
"Mike, the kids and I have plans, so I will call you when we are done."
Slimy bastard. Spends thousands on his friggin hobbies....can't even buy beds for his kids to sleep in while they are in the house that we all lived in. He turned one of their old rooms into a workout room....makes them sleep on the floor and a horribly uncomfortable couch....and now is going to attempt to block them from doing things here because it is "inconvenient" for HIM. This from a man who barely went to any of their games when I was married to him. He stayed in bed on Saturdays and I took the kids to their games. Every now and then he would go....if it was a late game mind you. So...really, I shouldn't be surprised. Always puts himself above everything else. Gee...could it be why I am not married to him anymore LOL.
Sadly, as I sit here....if I told the kids....hey you can play basketball, but you would not see your dad for 2 months....or give up basketball and still see dad....
They would choose basketball. Heck, they have said if something happens to me....they want to stay with Mike.
Ah....this is the bad part of moving. And it is only the beginning. We have years of the kids making other plans and him getting ticked off and trying to make it tough.
Don't get me wrong. He is their dad. I want him to see his kids. But geez....work with us a little. He drives all of the time for the hour and half to see his girlfriend and her kids in Greenville. Can't do it for his own kids.
Sad. It is just sad.
9 more years of custody issues and then I am done LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message and tell me what you think =) Don't forget to sign your name so I know who you are!