I used to blog a lot. Had quite the following. Life got in the way.....ok going back to work got in the way ;) I am leaving work next week to move to Huntersville, so I figured I could start back with my love of writing. It keeps me off the streets and out of trouble and never ceases to amuse my friends (sometimes educates them). So....good, bad, or indifferent.....here goes my tale as I begin to move to NC to my so called new life!
I am thinking of positive things about this move. So, not in any particular order, here are some:
1) I visited Charlotte this past weekend. I was SO happy to be walking around a Target at 9:30 on a Sunday morning LOL. Mike and I wanted to buy a notebook to start organizing a list of things to do and/or buy as we move.....lo and behold, Target was open. You could have blown me over with a feather! Here in good ole Columbia...at least Lexington, things are closed until after 1:30. I have yet to test the buy alcohol on Sunday theory. I will soon enough and get back to you all =)
2) Things to do. My bro and I are all ready planning to go to the Breakfast Club as soon as we can. My bro lives in the mountains past Asheville. We love to go dancing. The Breakfast Club is a club that plays only 80's music, complete with the 80's decorations. People even dress 80's when they go there. Chris and I are all over that! (We will post pics lol.)
Even so, just the theater, outdoors events.....just lots of things. I am looking forward to that.
3) I have lived in Lexington county most of my adult life. So I was married and divorced here. I must admit, it will be nice to go somewhere where I was never known as "Scott's wife." It will also be nice to go someplace where I was never known as a "Bible scholar" either. My strange theology after my trip to Israel is confusing. I really don't want to debate it with people, so I hate running into people that knew me when I was very involved with the church. They want to debate it all. In NC, I can avoid that....for awhile at least.
4) The airport. I love to travel. Charlotte airport will get us to more places easier than the Columbia airport will.
5) The weather. Sure, it is in the south still....but geez, Columbia is the armpit of South Carolina. Hot, humid and miserable.
That's all I can think of off the cuff. I am sure over the next week, I will think of some more. Or better yet, you can think of some and help me out =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message and tell me what you think =) Don't forget to sign your name so I know who you are!